You Shine Bright
I'm stuck gazing again
At the stars out tonight
They remind me of you
But you burn twice as bright
You taught them to burn
And to light up my life
You do the same thing
You make it alright
I wonder how many there are
Let's lie under them and count
You already have the answer
It was you who put them out
Light up my world
Shine like you always do
You're closer than the stars
And you're twice as bright too
(c) Miss Amazing 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok, just curious (and if you read this comment, please provide your answer), who is this person you are talking to? My hope is that it isn't a mere humane you are addressing but rather the true Bright and Morning Star (Revelation 22:16)- Jesus...who is the one who taught the stars to burn, and who put them out there to begin with. He's the Light of the world (John 8:12), and is truly the only one who could ever some close to being "twice as bright" as the stars :)
To blaire:
I actually didn't write it for Jesus. I wrote it for a friend that is very dear to me. But I can see how you can relate it to Jesus. I'm not as close to God as I used to be. I guess it's a problem.
Thanks for reading this:D
-Miss Amazing.
Post a Comment